Hiking, biking, skiing
Active vacation & hiking vacation in Willingen
Whether hiking, walking, snowshoeing, biking, pleasure biking, skiing or cross-country skiing: In our sports hotel in Willingen you will get moving. Our packages for active vacations combine exercise and relaxation in every season - on the bike, on foot, on skis, in summer and in the snow. Experience active vacations according to your taste.
Hiking vacation in Willingen
Hiking through the Sauerland region
Willingen and the Sauerland are ideal destinations for an active hiking vacation. In a very small area you will find high mountains with wonderful distant views, quiet valleys, forests and lakes, which are connected by a network of well-marked hiking trails. Quality hiking trails such as the Rothaarsteig or Uplandsteig characterize the region, which has been classified by the German Hiking Association.
As a quality host Wanderbares Deutschland, you can expect special services for your hiking trip - such as specially trained staff, transfers and hiking maps. We can help plan your hiking route and put together individually guided hikes for groups. Just contact us. Once a week we hike with our house guests on the most beautiful routes through the Willingen mountains. At the end we stop for a stew in our hut at the lake - in summer on the sun terrace, in winter at the warming fireplace.
Choose the right room for your hiking vacation in Hesse - whether alone, as a couple or with children:
Qualitätsgastgeber Wanderbares Deutschland is the initiative of the German Hiking Association in collaboration with regional cooperation partners, which guarantees you tested quality for hikers. Below you will find an excerpt from the more than 20 services we offer as a certified Quality Host Wanderbares Germany:
- Drying room for your equipment and clothing
- Up-to-date weather information
- Storage trays for your hiking boots
- Short-term accommodation of hikers (also for one night)
- Information about local hiking offers and possibilities as well as tour suggestions with additional information material such as hiking maps
- Packed lunch for your hiking day
- Reservation service for the next stage accommodation
- Pick-up and drop-off service to hiking trails
- Luggage transport to the next accommodation
For more information, please visit www.wanderbares-deutschland.de.
Guided hiking weeks
Guided hiking vacation in Willingen
Do you love the first green of March breakers and willow catkins? Or is the golden autumn the greatest for you? Several times a year we organize our guided hiking weeks - a versatile hiking vacation with everything your hiking heart desires.
Get to know Willingen and its surroundings in the awakening spring, hike through the area in the summer or discover the most beautiful places of the Sauerland in the bright autumn.
Willingen hiking weeks
Experience 6 varied hikes
Several times a year, the TouristInfo organizes the Willingen Hiking Weeks. On 6 guided hikes with a length of 12 to 14 km each you will discover the beautiful Upland together with experienced hiking guides and in the company of like-minded people. You can find the complete program schedule for the hiking weeks 2023 here.
Book our matching Eimberg Days with 7 nights incl. half board and let yourself be pampered during your hiking vacation in Willingen according to all rules of the art in our 4-star hotel.
- 7 nights / half board
- 6 hikes with guide
- Stop for lunch during the hike
- Demonstration in the Dreggestube, followed by a tour of Düdinghausen and a waffle dinner
- Guided tour of Flechtdorf Monastery
- Boat trip with the St. Muffert on the Diemelsee lake
- Descent with the cable car
- Visit to the pilgrimage church
- Bus and train transfers with Sauerland Card included
- Welcome event with welcome drink
- Additional bus transfers
- Certificate of participation
Price quotation & tourist tax
Prices per person and night plus visitor's tax of the municipality of Willingen of € 2.50 per night per person over 14 years.
Due to the current situation, we charge until further notice in addition to the overnight price an energy cost flat rate of € 2 per person per night.
High season from May to October. On ski jumping, carnival, holidays and in September/October we charge a surcharge. Ask also for our family rooms with two rooms for two to four people.
How to spend your vacation with us
- Pampering breakfast buffet (Sat. & Sun. until 11 a.m.)
- Dinner buffet when booking half board
- Use of the wellness area
- Sauna towels for the wellness area
- Free parking, motorcycle garage
- Use of ski room and bike garage
- Rental of hiking maps, walking sticks and backpacks
- Hiking shuttle
- Rental of bicycle tools
- Ski garage with boot dryer and ski holders
- Arrival from 15 pm
- Departure until 11 am
- Payment cash or with EC-card
- Breakfast buffet: Mon.-Fri. from 8 to 10:30 a.m., Sat.-Sun. from 8 to 11 a.m.
- Dinner buffet / half board: 6 to 8 p.m.
- A la carte: 6 to 9 p.m.
- Wednesdays from 20 to 21 o'clock Cocktail Happy Hour in our bar
Our hotel is not handicapped accessible in all areas.
Reserve your ski equipment conveniently online with our partner, the Snow & Bike Factory Willingen. To reserve ski school times click here.
In the 3rd bed in the parents' room per day and child:
- 0-3 years: free
- 4-8 years: bed & breakfast € 30,- | bed & breakfast € 50,-
- 9-12 years: Ü/F 50 % | Ü/HP 50 %
- 13-15 years: Ü/F 80 % | Ü/HP 80 %
The stay for four-legged friends costs € 12,- per day without food.
As a welcome, your dog will receive a cuddly blanket to take home as well as a drinking bowl and a welcome treat in the room.
Dogs are allowed in the bar and on the terrace, but not in the restaurant.
With the SauerlandCard you can ride buses and trains in the Sauerland for free and enjoy reduced admission to many leisure destinations in the region as well as locally.
The most popular destinations in Willingen as well as further information is available at the Tourist Information Willingen. Current bus schedules can be found at www.rlg-online.de.